Friday, November 1, 2013

NaNoWriMo, Day 1

Had a few curve balls thrown my way this morning.  I have the day off work, and I had planned on starting my NaNo novel  after the kids were in school. Well, a major storm system moved through Huntington and the surrounding areas overnight, knocking out power to thousands of homes and businesses around here.  While my home only lost power for a few minutes, our internet was out until about 9am (which made me quickly figure out how to work with my Chromebook and Google Docs offline) and the Office Depot store over which I currently reign as Head Flunky (aka, Store Manager) is operating on partial power (necessitating several texts and phone calls from my managers on site).  And the kids are out of school because their schools are without power, which could have led to a noisy household had the little angels not willingly gone back to bed.

So, yours truly had a series of minor annoyances, really (nothing so major as what my managers and employees are currently experiencing, having to operate the store without power to the registers and much of the other equipment), none of which prevented me from already getting my minimum daily word count in.

I'll try to write more later.  I'd like to build up a big head start because I already know I"ll be lagging behind later in the month.  Next week's vacation can't come soon enough, either.

No comments:

Post a Comment